Monday, March 22, 2010

thump, thump, thump...

WE HEARD THE BABY'S HEARTBEAT! Oh, it was just the best thing I've ever heard in my life! Nothing can compare to the sound of your own flesh and blood, growing away, inside of you. Wow, what a rush! We recorded it on Brandon's IPhone and I just keep playing it over and over again. Amazing. Everything is looking great so far! The only bump we've come to is that I am anemic and have to take iron supplements, but that's maintainable. No biggie. The heartbeat was relatively fast, 167, so you never know, according to those old wives' tales, we could have a little girl in there! Heck, I don't care what it is, I'm just so thankful to God for this gift. As corny as it sounds it really is "the miracle of life!" I just praised God the whole way home for the blessing He's bestowed upon Brandon and I. What a gift. I'm sorry I keep going on, but really, I can't wipe the smile off my face! Thankfully, I've had a very healthy pregnancy so far, light morning sickness, I'm finally getting my energy back somewhat and I'm just so grateful for that! Being so healthy gets me worried sometimes like, are you sure everything is okay, cause I'm not feeling much of anything? Then, you go to the doctor and hear that beautiful sound and your whole life stops for a second and there is a huge resounding sigh of relief and reassurance! I love it. I'm loving being pregnant and I just know I'm going to love being a mommy. My next appointment is in 4 weeks, so until later...
Listen to our baby here:

4 comments:

Jen Olson Brown said...

(I'm a friend of Tara Wright and found your blog. Hope you don't mind the visit.)
Congratulations! Hearing the heartbeat for me made the pregnancy officially real for me. It was just as you said, hearing "the sound of your own flesh." I hope your pregnancy goes well and good luck!

Nikki said...

Thanks! No, I don't mind you reading it! It was an amazing experience! Thanks for the kind words!

Geek Dad DBA said...

I am crying now... thanks.

Amber Lee said...

I love love LOVE hearing the heartbeat! Im the same was as you I use to get so scared until i could hear it! Once it starts moving though you'll stop needing the reassurance. So excited for you!