Friday, March 26, 2010

"I want it to come out now..."


"....so I can hang out with it." These were the words Brandon used to express his feelings toward hearing the baby's heartbeat on Monday. Too funny. When we saw the baby's heartbeat his words of choice were something a little inappropriate, we'll say: "Oh Crap!" I just died. He told me seeing the little flicker on the screen was saying to him "okay, this is really real." A little eye opening moment, I think. I wanted to leave a little note on here describing a few of the ins and outs of Brandon-Father-to-Be because I always want to remember how fun and funny he's made this whole process. I really love hearing his thoughts because, as a guy, I want to know how he moving through it all. It's been such a joy to question him on all things baby, he always has a funny and unique point of view. Ha, you should have heard some of the names he came up with in the beginning! The weirdest one I heard (which he has since taken off the table, realizing how stupid it is) is Arrayu, yes, sort of like the character from Never Ending Story, Attrayu. I answered his request with a resounding "NO", followed by an "ArE YoU SeRiOuS?" and a lot of laughter. Another Brandon-Father-to-Be moment that I'll always remember is when we started talking about cravings. Here's a little of how the conversation went: "It'll be cool when like you have to have a cheeseburger in the middle of the night or something, because, then I'll get to get something too!" Haha, so cute, right? All kidding aside, he really has been a great husband during pregnancy! (I know I'm only 3mnths along, but the first few and the last few are the ones you gotta be strong for, right? Lol) He gets me anything I need, he has had a good attitude when I'm a grouch and he's been patient and kind when I can't find anything to wear! So thank you hunny for being amazing you! I'm really enjoying this stage in our life, I think it's only a preview of things to come! Let's just say I'm excited. Well, Until later...

1 comment:

Tara said...

I love it. He will make a great dad! That's going to be one blessed baby with you two! I say keep writing it all down, you'll never want to forget it!